Venues in KwaZulu-Natal cover a wide diversity of locations, from coastal or country charisma to city style to majestic mountains and meandering rivers. The choices are endless between country manors, golf estates, seaside resorts, private game reserves and boutique hotels, as well as top restaurants and conference centres. The venue you choose should have special meaning for you and your fiancé as well as meet practical considerations and requirements such as can the venue accommodate all your guests; does it have a chapel and do they offer catering services. Keep in mind that popular venues book up months or even a year in advance, so make sure you start looking as soon as you’ve decided on the number of guests you’re inviting to your wedding.
|Greensleeves||Hillcrest||Conference and wedding venue||
|Winsome Weddings||Midlands||Wedding Venue||+27 33 234 4511|
|The Bend Country House & Nature Estate||Midlands||House & Nature Estate||
|+27 (033) 2666 441 / 371|
|Lythwood Lodge||Midlands||Country Lodge||
|+27 33 234 4666|
|Tala Game Reserve||45 minutes from Durban||‘+27317818022|
|Simbithi Country Club||Country Club||
|Grand Manor Gardens||10 minutes from Umhlanga & Ballito||
|+27 (0) 36438-6287|
You’ll need to ask many questions about your potential venue and you can’t go wrong with lists.
- Can the reception area accommodate the number of guests?
- Is the price within your budget and what does it include (e.g. VAT and service charges) ?
- Are there any special package deals?
- Does the price include the bride and groom’s first night accommodation?
- Is there enough parking?
- If the venue is out of town, how far off the main road is it and is the road acceptable to drive on?
- Will there be enough accommodation for guests wanting to spend the night, either at the venue or close by?
- Is the site accessible for aged and handicapped guests?
- Does the venue have in-house caterers with an appropriate menu that can accommodate vegetarian, Halaal and Kosher?
- Do they have a liquor license or can you bring your own?
- Are items such as linen, podium, PA system and dance floor provided?
- What is the timeframe for setting up and vacating the venue and will you receive help from the venue staff?
- To what degree can you decorate the venue yourself?
- Are you allowed to move furniture or pictures and statues.
- Is the venue child friendly and does it have childcare facilities?
- If the venue is outdoors, is there a back up plan in case of bad weather?
- Will the venue be heated in winter and air-conditioned in summer if required?
- Are you allowed to have confetti, a band, candles and fireworks or a marquee?
- Will the venue be hosting other events on the same day?
- Where are the allocated smoking areas and how late can you play music?
- Does the venue have insurance cover?